Sweet, succulent prawns are the perfect match for the spicy Bloody Mary shot.
- 500ml good tomato juice, chilled
- 150ml vodka
- Finely grated zest and juice of
- 1 lemon, plus a little extra juice for the glasses
- 2–3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- To serve
- 1 tsp each celery salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 1 lemon, sliced and cut into small pieces
- 16 caper berries or pitted green olives
- 16 large cooked tail-on prawns
- Measure the tomato juice, vodka and lemon zest and juice into a large non-metallic jug. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and a pinch of salt. Stir well and add more Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco to taste depending on how spicy you like it. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. If making straight away, see GH tip above.
- Mix the celery salt, pepper and sea salt together on a small plate. Dip the rims of 16 shot glasses into a little lemon juice or water to wet the rim only, then dip into the salt and pepper mix to coat the edges. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, thread a lemon slice, caper berry or olive, and a prawn on to 16 cocktail sticks. Carefully pour the Bloody Mary into the shot glasses, and place a filed cocktail stick on top of each glass.